FLX DISTRIBUTION ADDS SEVEN ASSET MANAGERS
FLX Platform Now Offers Access to Multiple Asset Classes,
Diverse Strategies from Managers Representing $32 Billion in Combined Funds
Alpha Asset Advisors, Axio Financial, Destra Capital, Matrix Asset Advisors, Northeast Investors Trust, Palisade Capital Management, Spouting Rock Asset Management
BERNARDSVILLE, NJ, MARCH 5, 2021 — FLX Distribution — the first Resource and Asset Management Platform (RAMP) bringing together asset managers, distribution professionals, wealth managers, and advisors — today announced that seven investment firms have joined the FLX community to access its professional network and flexible distribution strategies.
“This is a tremendous milestone, and we are honored to welcome the first of our 2021 class of asset managers to FLX,” said Brian Moran, FLX Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “The FLX model combining Distribution at a Reasonable Price, a flexible top-tier network of distribution professionals, and a stable of integrated services is changing how investment products are coming to the market.”
The seven new investment management firms on the FLX platform bring the total number of asset managers on FLX to 21, representing $32 billion in combined assets under management. As of March 1, the FLX platform represents a wide variety of mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, ETFs, and SMAs. In recognition of its accomplishments, FLX recently received the Money Management Institute/Barron’s 2020 Disruption Award for its technology that “will fundamentally alter the future delivery of advisory solutions.”
Today’s news follows recent announcements from FLX regarding new hires and staff growth, starting from a sole proprietorship at launch in December 2019 to 31 total staff nationwide in early 2021.
New Firms on FLX
- Founded in 2018, Spouting Rock Asset Management is a multi-boutique manager platform providing alternative, traditional, and thematic investment solutions and services. Located outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we are an active registered investment manager providing sophisticated investors, financial professionals and institutions with strategies designed to help them plan for their financial future. As a fiduciary, every decision we make is intended to be in the best interests of our clients. Utilizing a thematic investing approach to build solutions allows us to align with the motivations of our clients. “This partnership furthers our goal of providing a comprehensive shared services model for our multi-boutique manager platform,” said James Wylie, Managing Partner, Sales and Distribution at Spouting Rock. “We are pleased to partner with FLX as this enhances the offering for managers joining our platform, allowing them to maintain their identity, independence, and culture.”
- Palisade Capital Management is a privately held investment management firm that offers a solutions-based approach towards client portfolios. Through our fundamental,
research-intensive culture, we have developed traditional and alternative investment strategies that seek to deliver attractive returns aligned with our investors’ priorities. The firm was founded in 1995 and Palisade’s diversified client base includes corporations, public plans, financial institutions, family offices, and individuals. Our investment strategies, with their disciplined process of rigorous, bottom-up, fundamental analysis, and conviction-weighted approach to portfolio construction, have been compelling to large institutional investors for over 25 years,” said Alison Berman, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We are excited to be partnering with FLX and their unique combination of an experienced team with a comprehensive technology platform as we introduce our firm and its capabilities to a wider array of investors.”
- Headquartered in Boston, Northeast Investors Trust was established in 1950 as a noload mutual fund whose primary goal is the production of income. Today, the fund is managed by Bruce H. Monrad, its third portfolio manager, reflecting a continuity of investment strategy and, with his extended family, its largest shareholder. Through active management, the fund’s investment strategy focuses on under-valued securities across multiple sectors that produce income for its shareholders. This flexible approach led Northeast Investors Trust to be an early investor in high-yield bonds, which today make up a majority of the fund’s portfolio. “FLX provides us a broad set of solutions, resources, and experienced personnel to execute a truly cost-effective distribution strategy,” said Bruce H. Monrad, Chairman and Trustee.
- Matrix Asset Advisors, Inc. was founded in 1986 by David Katz (CIO) to manage highnet-worth and institutional assets under a value equity style. Our approach to investing is research driven, long-only, bottom-up, concentrated, and low turnover. Located in White Plains, NY, and 100% employee-owned, the seasoned team of 13 professionals has a long history of working together to provide high-touch investment management services to its clients. The flagship Opportunistic Large-Cap Value strategy has been augmented over 10 years ago with a Dividend Income Equity product, as well as two registered mutual funds that parallel the equity strategies. Matrix has $791 million under management as of 12/31/20. “Matrix is very excited to partner with FLX,” said David Katz, President and CIO. “Their innovative approach allows boutique, research-driven money managers like ours to reach different segments of the market in a very structured and organized fashion. As a small organization, we have been struggling for years to find a cost-effective way to tell our story. I believe that FLX’s innovative, multi-level approach is the answer.”
- Destra Capital is a boutique investment management firm that partners with independent, institutional investment managers to bring their innovative and specialized investment strategies to the wealth management marketplace. Headquartered in Chicago, Destra was founded in 2008 by a senior management team with decades of knowledge and expertise. Destra Capital Advisors LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor and the advisor to the Destra Funds. Destra Capital Investments LLC is a FINRA registered broker dealer and distributor to Destra Funds and other investments. “We are excited to be partnering with FLX to increase the reach and distribution for all of our specialized investment strategies at Destra in 2021 and beyond,” said Dominic C. Martellaro, CEO of Destra. “The teams at FLX and Destra share a common commitment to being advisor-centric and solutions oriented in our sales and field efforts.”
- Axio Financial is a premier 3rd party distributor of Structured Products in the United States, with over $5 billion of Structured Products placed across our various network and advisor partners in 2020. Axio also specializes in fixed income origination, market making, secondary trading, and private placements. Our asset management company, Axio Advisors, is focused on advancing what is possible in Defined Outcome and Alternative investing, with a growing suite of offerings customized to the needs of today’s market landscape and financial advisory practices. “As we approach Axio’s 10-year anniversary, we’ve built a Structured Products franchise that is second to none, as the only independent firm distributing Structured Products to wirehouses, broker-dealers, banks, and RIAs,” said Marc Paley, CEO & Founder of Axio Financial. “In addition to our unflinching commitment and focus on the continued success of our Structured Products business, we realize the unique benefits of partnering with FLX as we build out our asset management offerings through Axio Advisors.”
- Alpha Asset Advisors LLC was founded in 2010 by Paul Erickson and Jim Westwood as an RIA providing wealth advisory services to families and businesses and was reorganized in 2018 to provide portfolio management services in an SMA platform to wealth management advisors of all types. We use a rules-based stock selection process in search of high quality companies with long histories of paying and increasing dividends from free cash flow. We believe this strategy will generate superior returns while mitigating volatility and downside risk. Managing Partner and Portfolio Director, Paul Erickson: “Our value proposition to our advisor clients is that our portfolio is 100% transparent, tax efficient, cost-effective, and easy for investors to understand. These characteristics help wealth advisors retain current clients and grow their business. Alpha Asset Advisors turned to FLX to provide comprehensive business consultancy, branding, and distribution services in a cost-effective fashion.”
About FLX Distribution
Launched in December 2019, FLX Distribution is a financial technology company focused on asset management distribution. Our vision is to be the premier, cost effective, and flexible distribution solution for asset managers to effectively access and engage with experienced and proven distribution professionals.
The FLX Distribution technology platform simultaneously empowers asset managers and distribution professionals to drive results and retain optionality. Powered by a combination of proprietary tech developments and a stack of leading software providers, we have created a seamless exchange for sharing information and intellectual capital.
The FLX platform allows asset managers to create and track objectives, while distribution professionals gain access to the information and insights that drive advisor engagement. We are focused on understanding an asset manager’s existing business plans, current distribution capabilities, historical intermediary experience, investment capabilities, and sales and marketing goals to deliver a comprehensive distribution solution.
# # #