FLX Networks revolutionizes engagement for asset and wealth management firms and financial advisors. FLX community members access thought leadership, investment ideas, business resources, and industry connectivity in one centralized destination, delivering productivity, savings, and growth.
The Senior Business Analyst, as part of the Product organization, will collaborate with internal teams and FLX alliance partners to deliver innovative technology and service solutions that support our goal to disrupt legacy models and generate value for our Asset and Wealth Management partners. This role collaborates with the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and our tech partner(s) to ensure the systems design and requirements are aligned to achieve the desired business outcomes, and that team practices and coding/quality principles are aligned to achieve the desired technology / digital strategy outcomes.
You will have a direct impact on highly visible programs that benefit our user community today and going forward. You’ll also continuously learn how to leverage leading technologies and apply the learnings to incrementally and progressively improve our program delivery velocity and associated deployment processes.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the FLX application suite, data architecture and how our apps integrate with each other. Interface cross-functionally to understand the needs and target state objectives.
- Collaborate with various teams and users to identify, define, and prioritize enhancements; translate business needs into efficient functional requirements and configurations that conform to best practices and improve user experience
- Lead and/or facilitate discovery sessions between product, data architect(s) and user experience designers to gather requirements to build compelling / innovative web-based content engagement and workflows
- Create User Stories, Use Cases, and Business Requirements Documents (BRD). Gather business requirements and break them down into relevant, accurate, detailed, and consumable user stories that can be developed within an agile framework.
- Initiate and evolve an internal instance of JIRA that we can link to Smartsheet (or comparable software) to drive roadmap visibility and velocity reporting going forward
- Participate in backlog refinement sessions to help explain and answer questions so they can accurately estimate/story point the delivery effort
- Work with CPO and team to help define their key performance indicators (KPI) for new initiatives
- Work with CPO and technology partner(s) to help create and shape platform release plans / scheduling
- Create diagrams including process diagrams and flow diagrams
- Contribute to the overall success of our SDLC through requirements clarification, issue resolution and test support. Foster a high level understanding of technical solutions so you can explain the solution to developers and QA. Write detailed acceptance criteria in the form of behavior driven development scenarios for User Stories that can be understood by business stakeholders, software developers, and QA. Review automation tests and quality assurance test cases to ensure they cover the relevant business scenarios.
- Work with CPO to develop reports, dashboards and scorecards for business teams and senior management. Perform data quality analysis to ensure data integrity and accuracy of reporting.
- 5+ years of Product, Systems, or Business analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS / Information Systems, computer science, or other related technical field
- Experience supporting consumer facing web products
- Proven ability to work successfully with various cross functional and technical teams to translate complex business requirements into functional specifications and successful implementations
- Ability to work as a self-starter; capable of driving outcomes without supervision is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can adapt to all levels of the organization
- Software / SDLC – Requirements Gathering & Program Delivery:
- Experience working in Kanban, Scrum, and Waterfall models
- Proficient in JIRA / Confluence, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Product / Smartsheet (or equivalent product/project management software)
- Occasionally, creating wireframes is required for this role
- Data analysis and query authoring / data mining capabilities:
- Understand relational data models, comfortable writing basic SQL and navigating databases
- Data lineage, data aggregation and reporting experience
- Strong understanding ETL processes and how data flows across systems
- Knowledge of asset and wealth management ecosystem
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with database technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres Coding experience / background
- BI tools / reporting experience
- Previous project management experience